Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hickory Tree & Work in progress



Finally finished the hickory tree. It was done on a piece of old roofing slate using modeling paste for the texture, acrylics and oils. I don't know how well you can see the texture of the bark but whenever anyone sees it, the first thing they want to do is touch it. My friend Terri recognized it for what it was before I had finished it so I guess I did okay. If you click on the image it opens in a new window and you can see it better.



Stated this one yesterday. Notice how the logs in the painting almost blend in with the real logs? This is just a light wash of colors so I can "see" what I'm trying to create. Hopefully I can finish it today or close anyway. It's on canvas 16x24 in oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive