Thursday, August 13, 2009

Nails

Hello all! Funny, I said I'd be posting more and I haven't done a thing since. There's been a lot going on in my life lately so please be patient.
This piece is done on a piece of broken slate using modeling paste for the 3D effect and painted in acrylics. One of the nails is a real nail. You can tell in the photo because of the shadow it casts but when it is not affected by flash, it's a bit difficult to see which one is real and which one isn't. This photo isn't very good and I'll try to get a better one. This is just something I'm experimenting with so this was kind of a "let's see what happens" project. It's...interesting.
Haven't finished the canvas painting yet. It was not going well one day so I just put it away for awhile before I tossed it into the firepit. Have to do that sometimes!
I actually did toss a painting into the firepit one time, It was a huge panting of (naturally) a shag bark hickory-also done with modeling paste for texture-and Kevin pulled it off. Of course, it got a bit scorched on the back of the panel so it always had a woodsmoke smell to it. JCC bought it from me and it hangs near te bookstore. Go take a sniff!
I didn't charge them extra for the aromatherapy.
More later, alligator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive